Use this guide to inspire and build your faith as well as to stay in unity with those at Freedom Gate Church who are also fasting and praying. Begin each day in the Word and in prayer. The strength and endurance you need to complete this fast will surely come to you as you “seek first” His Kingdom every day. Remember, our God is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. Journal everything the Lord speaks to you during your fast. Please join us whenever you are able for our nights of worship and prayer. If you have any known medical conditions or suspect such conditions, consult your doctor before beginning this or any fast.
Fasting - Getting Ready
1. Choose how you are going to fast for 21 days Simply put, fasting means giving up something natural to gain something spiritual. So, you decide what you want to “fast” from during the 21-day time period and how you will replace that with a spiritual commitment. In the Bible, Daniel chose to fast all foods except vegetables, fruits and water. He also put no entertainment before his eyes. This is the fast he chose. Many churches today prescribe a modified Daniel fast (fruits, vegetables, only whole grains, flatbreads, oils, nuts, etc). This is something you must choose that works for you. We have lots of recipes and guides to help you if you desire to do a Daniel-type fast. But don’t forget other things like social networking, tv and movies, games, anything that you could “fast” in order to devote that time to prayer, the Word of God and waiting on Him.
2. Choose a set amount of time to pray each day; 30 minutes - one hour.
3. Choose set times each day to pray.
4. Set you personal prayer goals and pursue them in prayer every day. Share those with others if you want to pray in agreement.
5. Also, please pray over our corporate prayer goals, too.
Prayer & Fasting Guide - 2016 A New Year “With God”
The beginning of a new year is a wonderful time to enter a season of fasting and prayer. These special times are for seeking the Lord, consecrating our lives anew unto the Lord, and taking the next steps into our purpose and destiny in God.
It is also critical in re-establishing first things first! When Jesus called His disciples, He set their first priority as “being with Him” before any other thing, including ministry. So let us seize this season to re-order our priorities.
And He appointed the twelve, so that they would be with Him and and that He could send them out to preach ! Mark 3:14
As you use this guide, I challenge you to read the scripture passages out loud. Pray your prayers out loud. Pray with fervency and sincerity of heart. Donʼt allow your time of fasting to be merely dietary changes. Take “quality” time every day to be alone with Him in prayer, worship and in the Word. Write down what He speaks to you. Write down your faith goals and revisit them often.
Letʼs consecrate this time. For truly “with God” nothing is impossible.